Sunday, February 27, 2011

"The" Candy Dish

One of the memories I have about going to my Grandma's house is the blue candy dish she has sitting on the sideboard. It has always been in the same place, and when I was little it always had those round chalky pink and white mints in it. Whenever we would go over to her house, we would walk in, say hello and go to the blue candy dish. A few weeks ago Matthew and I were at the Antique store in Murray and I came across a blue candy dish that looked just like my Grandma's. It doesn't have a lid like her's, but I have yet to find one that does. So I bought it. It has nothing but happy memories, and now I have a blue candy dish. But mine won't have pink and white chalky mints in it. Sorry Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. My grandma has a crystal one, that was always the first thing we would run to when we go to her house. She still has it and I STILL check for candy. What a great find friend!

    ReplyDelete