 |
| The directions |
About 8 years ago, I decided to try my skills at making a quilt. Even though I didn't own a sewing machine, and the last thing I actually used a needle and thread for was to sew on a button! But it was all the rage so I gave it go! I cut all the pieces out and stacked them nicely in a box that has been in my closet since. Now I have moved a few times in the last 8 years, and this box has come with me. From one closet to the next, never getting more than a wishful thought, and a "one day". Well, that one day came a few weeks ago. After receiving a sewing machine for Christmas, and having already tackled that first thing we all sew, a pillow, I decided to get that box out of the closet and get to work. As I looked over the directions, and all of my scribbles from years ago I started getting a little overwhelmed. I asked my friend Mindi for some help on getting started, just wanting to make sure I really know what I am suppose to do!
 |
| The first step. Sew and press. Over and over |
Now I know this stack of fabrics doesn't look like much, but let me tell you. Each stack of 8 has 8 stacks of 8 triangles. Whew! It took me 1hr per stack. And that was only step one! I have a long way to go.
 |
| One of the 64 finished blocks |
So after I sewed a bunch of triangles together, I had to find out what this "block" was going to look like in the end. So I finished one. Now, it is no where near perfect, or very good for that matter. You can see my unpicking and stitches, but from a distance it's not to shabby! Even though it was time consuming to put it all together, seeing what it will look like when it is finished gave me the goal to keep going and finish the quilt. So one day you will see a picture of the finished product. Only 63 more blocks to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment